As I sit here at my desk in my home office - I have a great view - In the mid distance is the National Cathedral - all stapled together with scaffolding but still one of the loveliest structures in the region. In the near-distance, is a sweet bird-feeder mounted on an post on our upstairs porch. At this time of the year - the birds are especially delighted to have seed served with minimal effort expired on their part. The red of the male cardinal is beyond crimson belief and looks especially regal on these grayish days. At my very close distance - I have my dog, Wiley whose dog bed is beneath my desk. This warm, sleeping beast keeps my feet toasty and the sound of his steady breathing is rhythmic and calming. He is the best business partner one could ever ask for.
The desk is cluttered with Elements related paper work, Christmas cards (yet to be mailed), kids stuff, Post Its with to do lists and 2 pictures of friends who died this autumn far too young and far too suddenly.
I write of this perspective in hopes that all of you who are reading have experienced the beneficial effects of nature on the body, mind and spirit. I am calmed by the presence of Wiley at my feet.
I am happily distracted by the flutter of birds at the bird feeder, I marvel at the beauty and grandeur of the National Cathedral
The close up view of the pictures of friends reminds me of the goodness that is gone but also so much that is goodness and work to be done in my memory of them.
SO with that in mind and the winter's official arrival - It is time to get playing in these wintry, woodland Elements. We are running 5 sessions of Elements (2nd - 6th graders) and Elements Bridgers (7th and 8th graders) and our rosters are almost full ( a few spots left on Tuesday or Thursday locales). We are also running 5 sessions for Elements Flurries (3-5 year olds). See the web-site (www.theelementsdc.com) for details and to link to registration. We have a fantastic crew and lots of fun things planned for the 2013 season.
Cheers to the extra minute of sun light that we will gain each day from now until June 21st. Cheers to a blessed and happy holiday and cheers to the best Elements season ever! Be sure to slow down and enjoy some Hot Chocolate -
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.